In the fall of 2006, Jim Booth�s former Commerce 1966 classmates at Queen's University decided to establish the James R. Booth Memorial Award as a tribute to their former friend who waged such a courageous battle with ALS. An endowment fund has subsequently been launched by Jim�s Commerce 1966 classmates, in collaboration with his MBA 1967 classmates, his family and friends.
The award will be used to support full-time students in the Bachelor of Commerce Program at Queen�s, on the basis of financial need and academic achievement. The endowment Fund will be administered by Queen's University.
This website is sponsored by a former classmate, in consultation with, but independent of, the University. It has been set up to accomplish the following objectives:
- to honour Jim�s life and valiant struggle against ALS;
- to provide information on the award, including the Terms of Reference, the annual reports, amount donated, list of recipients, link to Queen�s website on endowment policies, etc.;
- to provide an insight for Award recipients on who Jim was, so that they will know a little bit about the man who inspired the funds they receive;
- to encourage classmates and friends to donate to this endowment fund, perhaps on an ongoing basis;
- to provide complete transparency on the endowment fund.